//REAL QUICK// (THE CURIOUS CASE OF THE CAKE IN THE NIGHT-TIME)



 ***
Last night, I made a cake that wasn't my best 
but I loved the concept: a Hostess Cupcake Cake.
Sooooooooo, I decided to wait until the morning to take a picture of it with good lighting
 and when I woke up, it looked like THIS:



I guess it's kind of a compliment, right?
The cake looked SO good that he couldn't even fathom that it might be for a special occasion because he needed a piece RIGHT NOW.
Compliment.
:)


So, anyways. I used the one bowl cake recipe and made marshmallow frosting with those marshmallows I made the other day.

Pretty fun right?


And, apparently delicious.

Marshmallow Frosting: 

1 1/2 cups of softened butter
3 c. powdered sugar
1/2 t vanilla extract
20 oz of super soft marshmallows
(or regular marshmallows softened/melted by your microwave for a few minutes
)
In a Kitchenaid with the paddle attachment, beat the butter until its fluffy.
Add the sugar slowly, letting it mix in between.
Add the vanilla and half of your marshmallows.
Whip for a few seconds until its MOSTLY smooth.

Fold the rest of the marshmallows carefully by hand and chill for 20 minutes before frosting.

Perfectly sweet and fluffy!


1 comment

Back to Top